Tuesday, June 9, 2009

a couple of odds and ends


Well, I don't want you to think that we are not eating at all over here, I just have not been making anything really new or interesting. This weekend we had black bean burgers, corn, broccoli, and I made some potato salad. I haven't made potato salad in a long time and it seemed to be missing something (maybe vinegar?) but I ate it anyway. Here is my less than exciting recipe:

Potato Salad
  • 4-5 red potatoes, cubed
  • 1/2 an onion, chopped finely
  • 1/4 cup vegenaise
  • 1 tsp yellow mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • pinch of celery seed
Boil potatoes. Chill for about an hour. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.

Let me know if you have another recipe. I need some interest!



Secondly, I made a quick Pasta Fagioli that I forgot to photograph until the next morning as it left the house as a lunch. It was much prettier the night before! The ingredients were basically:
  • Can of white beans, drained
  • 2 TB olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • can of diced tomatoes (I have done this with diced fresh roma tomatoes and it is much better)
  • salt and pepper
  • pinch of onion powder
  • pinch of basil/oregano
  • 1/2 box of small shell pasta
Boil pasta as directed. In a separate pan, heat oil and cook garlic until fragrant. Add tomatoes and spices and let it cook off for a bit. Add pasta when ready.

Ok, no genius tonight but at least I have added something!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment