Thai Style Yellow Curry Soup
This was an attempt to use up a head of baby bok choy since I heard that it is extremely nutritious. My inspiration came from Thai-Inspired Veggie and Rice Soup which always looks so good to me! I absolutley love yellow curries so I adapted this recipe to make a yellow curry soup. I had some yellow curry powder which looked vegan but the flavor was not strong enough (even for me!). All the simmer sauces seemed to contain fish sauce. Maybe someone knows how to make it without the fish?
These are rough estimates since I sort of threw this together
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- small zucchini sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced into 1 ince pieces
- 1/2 head of baby bok choy chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- handful of shredded carrots
- 4 cups veggie broth (you will likely need to add more since it seemed to cook off quite a bit)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 block of firm tofu cubed
- corn starch
- vegetable oil
- your favorite spices (basil, salt, red pepper, etc.)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- handful of soba noodles
While the soup cooks, place tofu into a bag or container with enough corn starch to coat. Shake it up until tofu is completely coated. Heat a few TB oil in a pan and fry tofu cubes until they are browned.
Remove soup from the heat, add tofu and coconut milk. Enjoy!
Garlic Spinach Pasta
Again, had a whole lotta spinach and I am the only one who likes it. I thought the family might get into this but I was wrong. I thought it was great and I will likely make this again, just for myself. I got the basic recipe from a Whole Foods Cookbook sitting on my shelf but I adapted it.
- 1 pound pasta (I used penne)
- 4 TB olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Lots and lots of spinach chopped
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan