Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peach Upside Down Cake

It has been a while since I blogged. V's parents are visiting (they leave Tuesday and my mom arrives). His mom has mostly been cooking Indian food. When I cooked, I was making tried and tested recipes rather than experiment with new foods. I did create some vegan banana nut muffins when the mix that I was putting together for blueberry muffins was too dry and the store was out of blueberries (V was grocery shopping as I was putting the ingredients together - not recommended!). I used the bananas to moisten the mix and it did not turn out too bad.
After the successful Pineapple Upside Down Cake that V's parents also enjoyed, I wanted to bake more fruity desserts. V's mom likes peaches and when I saw this recipe for a Peach Upside Down Cake, I wanted to try it. The photos looked enticing too :)



I used the same recipe, but reduced the amount of sugar. Only 1/4 cup of sugar along with the peaches and 1/2 cup for the actual cake. It was still a little too sweet for me. Of course, the peaches were VERY sweet too. The cake was also slightly crumbly, but was a great taste. I made it 3 days ago and it's all gone. I need to think about another dessert for the weekend. Thinking about a peanut butter-jelly muffin :)

Next up - Creamy Pasta from "One Hot Stove"
And hopefully more regular posts from both of us :)

2 comments: