Monday, January 11, 2010

Yes, I am alive....just not cooking much lately!!!

Happy New Year!!
I have lots of reasons to celebrate, especially the arrival of my new baby boy who made it into 2009 (nice little tax deduction).

I share your sentiments, Anu. I have been cooking a bit but not always taking pictures. I finally made the Curried Butternut Squash and Bean Stew from the Hannaford's Fresh Magazine and it was fabulous. I just used garlic and some olive oil instead of their infused oil. It was really delicious. Of course, I added half a can of coconut milk at the end since I think Butternut Squash just needs that. It tastes MUCH better than it looks!!!!
I also just came across the pumpkin cheesecake that I made for Thanksgiving and never blogged about. It was called Pumpkin Cheesecake Torte from the Vegetarian Times website. I will give it a B+. The raw mix was fabulous and I wish I had just eaten it as is rather than cooking into the pie. Maybe it would make a nice pudding of some sort?

Last night, I made a version of Panera's black bean soup from Recipezaar.com which was quick and easy. Used vegan bouillion cubes obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment