-2 TB olive oil
-1-1 1/2 pound butternut squash, peeled and cubed
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 medium onion, chopped
-4 cups veggie broth
-3/4 cup red lentils
-1/2 cup red quinoa
-1/2 package thawed frozen spinach, squeezed
-spices: to taste-I used garam masala, curry powder, cumin, coriander, chili powder, turmeric, salt, black pepper, cinnamon, tiny bit of cardamom
- 1 can lite coconut milk
-Dash of Sriracha hot sauce
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot. Add onions and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add squash and cook on medium until softened (about 20 minutes).
- Add broth and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Add Quinoa and lentils. Lower heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer about 15-20 minutes until lentils and quinoa are cooked.
- Add spinach and allow to warm.
- Remove from heat. Pour in coconut milk and stir.
- Adjust seasonings. Add Hot sauce to taste.