Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cabbage Recipes

I realize I have been off the radar for quite a bit but wanted to try to get back into the swing of things. Busy toddler is keeping me, well......busy. I am trying to make some South Beach Diet or low glycemic recipes since this seems to help me lose weight and have more energy. Found a great blog called Kalyn's Kitchen that has tons of great recipes and is extremely well organized.





Here are some cold salads I am going to try using cabbage. Cabbage seems like an under-utilized vegetable and it is so good for you so I am going to try to give it some attention this month. These two recipes share many of the same ingredients:
Spicy Cilantro Peanut Slaw
Spicy Mexican Slaw with Lime and Cilantro

I also really love stir fried cabbage with just soy sauce and some toasted sesame seeds. Still searching for some hot soups or other warm cabbage recipes if you have any.
Yum...looking forward to cooking tomorrow.


Update:
SO...the Spicy Cilantro Peanut Slaw was good and interesting. The peanuts were an odd addition and I think toasted Sesame seeds would have been better maybe. Raw cabbage involves so much chewing that it was easy to feel really full quickly! I actually ate the entire bowl of this myself throughout the week and the peanuts stayed crunchy enough.

The Spicy Mexican Slaw was sort of dull but I did not measure so the flavors may not have been strong enough. Didn't really have a "Mexican" feel at all to me. Maybe I will try a bowl along with a margarita?

No comments:

Post a Comment