Monday, April 13, 2009

Falafels


I completely agree with you. Having trouble cooking during the busy week! We made these falafels this weekend (ok, Mike made them but I helped so here they are!) but I have not had a chance to post until now. We, well he, used the Perfect Falafel recipe from Vegweb.com and made a few adjustments. The adjustments were my idea since they were a little blah last time and got too crumbly when cooking. He fried them but they would probably cook fine on a lightly greased pan at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. To the original recipe, we added 2 TB of tahini to help keep them together, about 1 TB of lemon juice, and some red chili flakes. We used Ener-G egg replacer since we had it on hand but I bet you could come up with another egg replacer! I tried silken tofu once and it did not work....maybe ground flax seed and water whisked up?

1 comment: