Sunday, April 19, 2009

Asparagus Stir Fry

I have been busy in the kitchen this morning. I made the trail mix bars that both Em and I tried before. Mine was sweeter today, but also goo-eier (is that a word). I made some as cookies that stayed together better. The rest I poured in a pan to turn into bars. They are mushy, but yummy.

I also made the vegan cupcakes. They are in the oven, we'll see how it turns out. I also am planning to try the glaze and take it over to a friend's for dinner. I am seriously in trouble with all the baking that I am doing. Need to be careful about what I eat.


For lunch, I made Asparagus Stir Fry from 101cookbooks.
It turned out very yummy. I did not have basil/mint, so I used cilantro instead. I also added some Seitan because we had extra. I ate mine over some white rice and when V eats lunch, he plans to use noodles! I liked the bright green of the vegetables and red pepper flakes in the wok, so I added a photo of the preparation too, although the photo does not do it justice!!

1 comment:

  1. Did you use spinach? I love fresh asparagus but never know what to do with it. This looks great. I never have luck with tofu this way. It always tastes funny but I will try it!

    ReplyDelete