Saturday, April 25, 2009

Smoothies and Pasta

After we run or take the dogs out for a walk, I tend to make a smoothie when we come home - especially in the warm weather. Today, V had a smoothie with bananas, protein powder, strawberries, blueberries, light soy milk, orange juice and agave nectar. Mine did not have the agave nectar. Based on Em's suggestion, I added a handful of spinach to my smoothie. It did not change the taste too much, just a little. I liked it, but the photo was not appetizing. So the photo is only of the spinach-less smoothie!






















For lunch, I put together a quick pasta. Today was a beautiful day here and we ate in the deck! We did not want a hot meal, so I put together this pasta quickly. I change it around by adding herbs, different vegetables (when the tomatoes are out, I add tomatoes, or sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes instead). Sometimes, I add chick peas instead of the vegan meatballs. The sauce that I use changes too. If I was not vegan, I would add fresh mozzarella to it too. Here is what it contained today -

1 bunch, Asparagus
1 cup, Peas
2 cups, Pasta cooked
2 cups, Vegan meatballs
2 T, Pesto
2 T, pine nuts
2 t, Olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Coat asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes
In the meantime, cook pasta.
Mix all the ingredients including the asparagus. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy.






1 comment:

  1. I am glad you tried the green smoothie. It is actually good, right? It was so hot today I did not make anything. I have a very limited appetite for anything lately. I just microwaved the sweet potato that I had intended to turn into the coconut recipe. I guess I will get another tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete