Monday, May 11, 2009

Clean Out the Cabinet (and freezer) Shepherd's Pie




This is not too exciting but I have had very little interest in cooking at all lately sorry to say so this was the best I could do.

Clean Out the Cabinet (and freezer) Shepherd's Pie
Ingredients:
  • 1 TB olive oil
  • Clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 yellow onion chopped
  • 1 cup Morningstar burger crumbles
  • 3/4 cup frozen or canned corn kernels
  • 1/2 cup mixed frozen vegetables (I used standard mixed veggies-peas, carrots, corn, green beans-and then added some frozen broccoli and edamame for protein)
  • 1 can of mushroom gravy (Franco-American, I believe is the one)
  • 2 servings of instant mashed potatoes (make sure you buy the plain ones or they have butter/dairy)
  • sprinkling of nutritional yeast and fried onion strips for Trader Joe's
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sautee Garlic and onion in oil until soft. Add Morningstar crumbles until they loosen up a bit. Add additional frozen veggies. Stir in gravy. Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. While this heats up, cook mashed potatoes as directed on box (or if you are really adventurous, make them fresh!!!!). Remove foil, top with mashed potatoes, sprinkle with nutritional yeast and fried onions and bake for another 10 or so minutes until it starts to brown.

Side note: This would have worked very well in the dutch oven but I forgot so I had to clean up extra pans!!Max and Jack
Just added this picture since I know you miss my boys! I cannot get a picture of all three together but at least these two get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment