Monday, March 16, 2009

Burger Cook Off - Trying Emily's

What kind of 'cook off' is it if we make different burgers? That's the thought that kept me up all night. Okay, that's not true - I slept well and did not have an alarm clock wake me up. Although our cats jumping on and off the bed and purring did! I had to find a quick meal to make for dinner tonight, before we take the dogs for their first 'agility class' (I am a little nervous!).
And I had most of the ingredients in the recipe that Emily made.
My substitutions - pinto beans instead of the kidney beans (I cooked a batch of pinto beans and froze them), white rice for brown rice (again - precooked in the fridge). I also added pecans and cilantro.
V complained about the pecans in the recipe (he does not like nuts in his food - he does not understand the need for texture and crunch). But, we both really loved the burgers. Yummy!!
Here is a photo of my open-faced burger sandwich!!


1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you enjoyed these. Cream Cheese and ketchup is an unusual combination. I guess this really should be titled "Veggie Burger Test Kitchen" or something similar.

    ReplyDelete