Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spinach Lasagna


I based this on Cheesy Lasagna which I have made before. I made the tofu ricotta ahead of time so I could just throw the lasagna together when it was time for dinner. Since I was making a small version for just the two of us, I adjusted a bit. I mixed the following in the food processor:
  • 1/2 package of lite firm tofu
  • 4 ounces tofutti cream cheese
  • 1 clove of minced garlic
  • 1 TB lemon juice
  • 2TB vegetable broth
  • few TB nutritional yeast
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • salt and pepper
I used 8 Tinkyada Rice Pasta Lasagna Noodles which I cooked for about 10 minutes. These are fabulous gluten free noodles by the way. In a square cake pan (maybe 8X8), I layered marinara, pasta, "ricotta," and baby spinach leaves, repeated and then topped it off with some soy cheese. I think it ended up baking for about 10 minutes covered with foil and then 15 minutes uncovered.

We both enjoyed it!

1 comment: