Sunday, March 29, 2009

Indian-style Burgers

I am still stuck on trying different burgers! The weather was more suited for a soup, but I still ended up making burgers!
I also made some seitan (linked to the recipe) again and I'm still not loving it :(
Last night, we went to dinner to a friend's and Nadine used the 'Vegan Planet' cookbook to make a Tofu Cheesecake. I know I will not have the patience to attempt it, but it was SO YUMMY!!
Here is the recipe for Indian-Style Burgers.

Ingredients

1 potato - boiled and mashed
2 carrots - diced/grated
2t ginger - grated
1.5 C beans (I used pinto that I had)
.5 C salsa
.5 C oatmeal
3T cilantro
2t lemon/lime squeezed
Salt - to taste
Garam Masala (or any other form of Indian spices) - to taste
Chilli powder - to taste
2 T Tomato ketchup




Mash the beans and potatoes separately.
Mix all the ingredients and you can even puree them together a little - I like some texture in my food, so I left a lot of the pieces.
Bake patties in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, flip the burgers to the other side and bake for 15-20 more minutes.












I made these into wraps using tortillas, tahini sauce, bhel puri sauce, Indian pickle and some more salsa.
Ideally, this would have been great with a yogurt-based dressing. But, vegan-ism did not permit me to do that. Or it would have been good with a tamarind-based, cilantro, tomato or peanut chutney!!

No comments:

Post a Comment