Monday, March 2, 2009

Varthalkozhambu and Keerai Masiyal

Now try pronouncing those words!!
Here is my promised link to the South Indian food that I made last week.

My friend Malini and her husband Girish are particular about their food, especially Tamil (a state/language in South India) food. So, I asked her to write out how Varthalkozhambu is really made. I make it similarly, but each family has some variation to the theme! I use dried red chillis rather than the fresh green ones and I always finish it off with jaggery (Indian version of hardened molasses) - my mother's varthalkozhambu had a sweet tinge to it and that's how I like it!

Not that I am expecting you to try it, but here live varthakozhambu and Keerai Masiyal

Even if you don't have the special dish to make it, this is really simple to make and tastes really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment