Vegan Basil Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or 1 TB dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3-4 TB ground cashews (optional)
I am attempting to freeze this now so we shall see how it does. When I make it with parmesan cheese it freezes fine, so I am hopeful that it will make it until M gets home from his trip.
On another note, while looking for a photo to (steal) "share" from fellow bloggers, I found a recipe for "Chickpea Ravioli with Basil Pesto" compliments of Cooking Light. Yummy...I think I will see if I can make something similar and, NO, I did not "share" their picture.